Petter Hollström, born in the north of Sweden in Umeå. Education in the fields of Art Direction and Graphic Design. Gorjan Lauseger, born in Sarajevo and moved to Sweden at the age of 10. Degree in Marketing.
2. What inspired you to become a fashion designer?
Fashion is a nice form of art/design as it involves many of our senses. That is what inspired the both of us to become fashion designers.
3. What is your designing philosophy, what do you keep in mind while designing?
Appealing silhouettes. The whole vs. the details. Attention to the small things.
4. What is your brand all about?
We infuse a brand specific scent into our collections. That is why the brand is named Odeur. What we wish to accomplish is to work in another, stronger non-visual way in the bonding with our customer. We know that what is important is that you know yourself what you are wearing and why. It is not important to tell others by the use of a traditional word based logotype or so. The scent becomes in that way the non visual logotype of Odeur. Hopefully it also communicates some of our ideas about fashion at the same time in a subtle way.
5. How has your brand evolved over the years?
The silhouette have of course evolved a bit over the years, but our foundations are still there; graphic asymmetric cuts, attention to detail and wearable garments.
6. Which markets are you currently catering too?
We are presented in stores in around 20 countries; Canada, China, England, Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Holland, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan.
7. What would you call the “Defining moment of your Career”?
Don’t know. Probably all the loong hard working hours and despair of working with producers. The runway shows are really a nice experience every time as well.
8. The business cycle is not easy to endure. Can you name a Guru who guided you?
We are working with an extraordinary person in Sverker Bergström.
9. How do you help men/women in the becoming torch bearers of fashion and style?
By asking everyone to consider what they are wearing and why.
We feel glad that our collections could help that person to express themselves.
11. In case of an unsatisfactory customer, do you accept criticism; ever lose your temper?
Yes, we accept criticism, but we do not necessarily listen. People may of course have their own point of views and ideas. But we also have our own. They do not always match.
12. What thrills you?
The creation of new collections.
13. Your competitors in business, are they a threat?
No, we think of them as colleagues.
We have matured even more than our work from the last five years. Looking forward we want to open our first concept store soon. And we will also launch more project like ODR (our diffusion line) and OdeurArtefacts (our accessories line).
15. Any fashion advice you want to give to youth.
Work hard. Awareness. Work hard.